Monday 17 October 2011

'The Day Texas Sank to the Bottom of the Sea'

Birmingham based screen-printing studio Get a Grip recently got in touch about collaborating on a run of sweat shirts in time for the Supersonic Festival. I came up with an illustration loosely inspired by the Micah P Hinson song 'The Day Texas Sank to the Bottom of the Sea' - a long time favourite of mine which has always conjured up some pretty fantastical images in my mind so I ran with it and came up with this fairly restrained piece all things considered.

There's been some technical issues which have meant delays on the sweatshirt but watch this space. I can't wait to see the final product and we're hoping to print some paper variants too. Given my previous contribution to the Supersonic zine and the fact I'll be present at the festival vicariously through Get a Grip who will be doing screen-printing workshops there I sort of feel like I should've been offered a free ticket and carried around on someones back for the duration quaffing lager pop from a luxurious golden jewel-studded skull. Oh well.

No comments: