Friday 4 March 2011

The Coctopus

'Beware the Coctopus, my son!
The beak that bites, the suckers that suck!
Beware the Coctopus, my son!
The legs are a-plenty, too many to duck!'

T'was a bleak night in January when I awoke in a feverish sweat gibbering insanely of a many legged beast that haunted my nightmares. Quickly I dashed for my quill and ink to render the creature onto parchment before the dawn it came. When finally I rose proper I was aghast to behold the devilish coctopus!

The Coctopus is up for scoring on Threadless so I'd appreciate all your comments and votes please. Click here to do your business. I wasted a day doing elaborate backgrounds and layering fancy shading on the original illustration but the detail is such that it got a bit too much hence the relatively stripped down design. I think it works better for it though judging by the votes so far not many people agree. Perhaps I should've gone for the rude version instead...

Click on the image to see it up close.

No comments: