Tuesday 25 August 2009

DIY London Seen Exhibition opening night

The opening of the DIY London Seen exhibition was last Thursday and there has been a fair amount of press coverage this week including an article in the Evening Standard and a video short here with a blink-and-you'll-miss-it close up of my Epic Octopus piece. The night was fun although somewhat marred by the wilful destruction of one of my original paintings* and also 'cos Magners is strictly for the posh kids. And tattooed ladies apparently.

Along with juggling several other projects I am in the process of screen-printing the 'My Home is the Sea' series in black and white for a limited run to commemorate the inclusion of the original three paintings in the exhibition. I appreciate that may rub some people up the wrong way given the initial run was a limited to 30 but in my defense these are one colour and a different size. Plus they'll still be hand printed by me, mad silly stoopid limited and damn cheap. Besides I done forgot to save any of the last lot for my mum and she has final say on everything.

* It fell off the wall - damn you gravity!





1 comment:

anders said...

awesome! save a set for me! i missed out.